“Veritable Conservatism concerns and protects such old, which its genuine opinion is still useful and necessary for life”-Ilia Chavchavadze’s these words are the roots of the modern Georgian conservatism. With such faith and Spirit Georgian Conservatives, declare the party’s fundamental values:
- The rule of law. The state exercise governance based on public agreement-law, which shall published in compliance with the strictly established rules. Any issues, that fall in competence within any branch of government shall resolved only by law and not by the interests of so-called ‘’State” or ‘’Society”. There should be excluded any decisions made by officials according to their own political or other opinions, during the governance of the state.
- The supremacy of human rights. Primary value of political and economic relations represents the advantage of human rights and freedoms recognized by constitution and international law with respect of the public interest. It is prohibited any forms of encroachment made by state on human rights and freedoms, as well as on private property. New laws and regulations, adopted by the State, shall not affect or interfere with previously obtained rights and status of members of society.
- Open and free market relations. Society members and their associations regulate personal and business relationships by mutual agreement. The state does not restrict private relationships, in addition to strict set of exceptions, namely: tax collection, health and life-threatening activities of supervision, restriction of monopolies.
- Government restriction. Government is not an owner of the population and county, but is the organization who serves county and their people. The government has not required settle all the needs, but only narrow list, which cannot be reconcile by the private relations, namely: defense, offense prevention, assistance to vulnerable people, etc. The state shall support but not dictate the development of economic and cultural directions.
- Separation of power. The State authorities democratic elected Parliament, Government and Court independently implementing their duties. Parliament and Government are accountable only to people, but not to one another. Only Parliament authorized to enact laws without consent of any other institution. Only the Government authorized to implement the state management responsibilities imposed by law and only Court authorized to make final decision in any dispute cases.
- Self-government and regionalism. Directly elected representative and executive bodies exercise self-governance in every level of territorial unit. The Top-level executive body e.g. Government exercise only those functions that cannot implement the lower levels of government. The regional government does not have the status of subject of the federation, does not have its own legislation and is not involved in the establishment of national legislation.
- The national state. The major political goal of the state of Georgia is protection of country’s independence and territorial integrity. The state shall support development of Georgian language, national culture and traditions. State takes care on abroad residing compatriots (citizens).
- The Constitutional Status of Orthodox Church. The State recognizes and acknowledges the special role of Christianity in history of Georgia under the Constitution and supports further development Orthodox Church and Christian culture
- Tolerance. The State recognizes the equality of people regardless of national, religious, political, sexual, and other affiliation. The discrimination based on political or any other issues punishable by law.